Stroller downgrade!

We live in a flat and have a short but awkward flight of stairs to climb every time we wish to exit into the big wide world or return with snoozing baby.
This has presented many problems. Not to mention giving me hours of standing around in the communal hallway trying not to look wierd whilst I wait for snoozing baby to wake up. The luxury of simply wheeling pram and sleeping baby into house was sadly not ours. I was also faced daily with the effort of lugging all the pram components and bags downstairs whilst baby, inevitably in the early days, cried from his safe deposit area (the floor.)

We bought a glorious pram, the urbo 2 in limited edition liberty print (on sale I might add)
 
It is a beautiful pram and wonderfully smooth to push and operate however Baby Cremore rejected to tradition carry cot part (later we discovered due to reflux in the early days and general nosiness laterly) 
So we switched up pretty quickly to the pram which incidentally  lies flat anyway so we probably didn't even need a carry cot but hey first time parents! 
Now I am not faulting the pram in any way I love it and it makes me slightly sad to not use it everyday but WOW was it hard work! Some days I think the very idea of taking everything downstairs, just to push O around the block for his nap, literally filled me with dread and occasionally  put me off going out especially when sleep had eluded us completely the night before! 
So at 7 months, now that Oscar can sit well and it's getting warmer, I decided to bight the bullet and buy a second cheaper umbrella  fold pushchair. 

I bought the  nanu + on special offer from mothercare and WOW has my life been made easier. My husband was dubious and initially the idea was to use it for round the block walks and trips in the car to save space. 
Now my husband will take the nanu out over the urbo almost every time!  It's great I could actually leave the house in one go if i choose rather than 5 trips up and down!
You can pop it up with one hand whilst holding Oscar! 
I can even bump the nanu up the stairs with waking baby O! Going out just got easy! 
Whilst you can actually use the nanu from birth as it reclines all the way down, I probably wouldn't as it is a cheap stroller and does feel it at times. It's a bit wibbly wobbly and doesn't look as cosy as the urbo2 so not sure if  I would use it in the winter, at least nit if I was going to be out and about. That being said we can squeeze our cosy toes into it which provides a lot more comfort and  protection for baby.  

As nice as it is tk have a gorgeous pram (I pine gor mine daily as I love showing it off) if you live in a flat and have lots of stairs to contend with I can deffinatley  recommend  getting an umbrella  fold stroller even if it's just as back up for the stressful days! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A 3am thought: Anxiety and our healthcare system

Pregnancy: Labour