One month!

We have survived the first month! 
Whilst it feels scary to thing our little pudding is a whole month old already it's also nice to  be getting  used to  each other and feeling a bit more confident.  Of course there  are  still days when I'm exhausted  and  the collic crying is overwhelming  but we are beginning  to  find that more often than not we have a  solution.  
As Oscar grows I am beginning  to  enjoy small periods of  awake playtime with him, these have cheered my days up greatly and are a welcome break from the gas induced crying or greedy nipple guzzling (even if it only lasts 15 mins!) 

I find myself continuously  having to remind myself  that  he is only just over 4 weeks old and  that it was only that long ago that I went through childbirth! It's easy to forget these things as the fuzzy, sleep deprived,milky, snuggly days sort of fuse together. I am constantly  asking people what day it is and am always suprised when I look at the clock and see how early/late it is. 

Some things that I have discovered on my journey into motherhood so far:
. Our son is amazing  and  it takes no time at all to become one of those parents who thinks (knows...) how intelligent and  advanced their child is. Playground boasting here I come #noshame! 
.I want to tell everyone my birth story, even if they don't ask, right down to the bit about how I stood over a towel leaking the rest of my waters whilst waiting for the midwife to  collect me and take me to  the  pool...(I totally understand now.)
. I underestimated just how much I would miss my husband. I mean he's there every morning and  evening  and weekend  but it's  just not quite the same! Of course I expected it to be very different  to  our pre baby lives however I didn't expect to just miss things like having a cuddle in the kitchen whilst one of cooks or popping out for a coffee together. At the moment one of us always has a small person attached,  is asleep or shovelling in dinner lol. And popping out is a thing of the past as it takes  at least  an hour to leave the house. 
. Every wierd noise your child makes,especially  when  sleeping, becomes cause for  concern and has you staring intently at said child for several minutes to make sure he is OK.  
. It is very easy to become obsessed  by things such as; how hot/cold the baby is, how much they are sleeping/eating/pooing...
. It's totally true when people  say you will probably  end up doing all the things you said you wouldn't.. for example most of the texts I now send my husband have something  to  do with pooing, sick, nappies or general baby related information...well it would  be impossible  to  send boob pics now anyway...not unless he wants one with a baby firmly attatched.
.motherhood has made me mushy and even more in lover with my husband. It has also made my love and appreciation  for my mummy even stronger. Roll on month 2 and the next challenges!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A 3am thought: Anxiety and our healthcare system

Pregnancy: Labour