Why I've decided to try and be chilled out

I'm one of  those people  that likes to  find out everything I can before doing something. I will read all reviews and look up pics and read the description  over and over before going on holiday so I know  what  to  pack, where to get ice cream, what entertainment  there will  be etc. I read and re read menus before going to dinner, I look at the attending guests on Facebook  events to get a feel of the event. you get the  idea.
I am also one of  those people who  looks obsessively  at cute photos on pintrest and has to try and  recreate them.

Therefore, naturally  when I became  pregnant  the books arrived: what to expect when you're expecting, what to eat when you're  pregnant, the new parents bible, why love matters, gurgle, you and your new baby...yeah and if that wasn't enough I also Google everything!
On top of that I wanted to take photos of my pregnancy  progress and when Oscar finally arrived I vowed to  do loads of cute photos and memory items.

However, I have  realised  that  it doesn't matter  how much you  read, your baby will not do exactly  what  you have read and there's no point in getting stressed about it.
I had two stressful  evenings of doing bedtime by the book and then went back to what we had previously  done, I could've  let this bother me but we were all more relaxed and had better sleeps so why not!
We had what could be described as a disastrous diy photoshoot instead I like to look upon it as hilarious and  we came out with some delightful  pictures of  Oscar the grumpy caterpillar!
We also now have a  wonderful clay keepsake of half a tiny, slightly fluffy footprint, two claw like fist imprints and some toes. A hilarious activity I'm sure you can imagine.

What I'm learning  is babies are unpredictable and life is now unpredictable  and I just have to learn to go with the flow and chill out!
IT'S easier said than done but I think important .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A 3am thought: Anxiety and our healthcare system

Pregnancy: Labour